Rick, Brandi & Stephen and I did the Great Aloha Run this morning. After months of training it felt good to run the 8.15 mile course from Aloha Towers in Waikiki to The Aloha Stadium in Pearl City. There were high school bands and radio stations and folks cheering us on along the way. My #1 goal was not to walk and I met that with a time of 1 hour 35 minutes. Rick did awesome with 1 hour and 11 minutes. Stephen and Brandi ended up walking a lot of it because I worked Brandi out too hard and she blew her knee a couple of months ago...BUT! We are all finishers! I was so happy when I crossed the finish line I almost cried. I never thought I could go such a distance! What a wonderful feeling in spite of sore knees and blisters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You guys did awesome! Congrats! And yes!! You really did work me out too hard. BUT, I made it - and we even walked faster then some of the people that ran the whole thing! So many people. A fun time! By the way, thank for the fun game night! A good memory to keep!
Post a Comment