Monday, September 8, 2008

Everyone but me

Shannon & Laura made pies at Grandma Munford's with all the fruit they gathered there, YUM! ...uh, yes, they named the pie "BOB".
Family Hike to the Lion Cave near Pinto in Utah. Kinda shady, but this is us with Grandpa, Grandma and some fun Munford cousins.


Pool party with Uncle Brian and Aunt Mary Anne, Lisa, Brandon and Ashley. We got lots of quality cousin time on both sides of the fam this summer!



Everyone will be in school on Monday but me! Rick starts his Ph.D. program in the form of math camp, and I'll be home alone again.

You may have heard that California is voting on a constitutional ammendment to preserve the traditional definition of marriage as between a man and a woman. We've been walking the voting precints and knocking on doors, encouraging folks to come out and vote YES on Proposition 8. It's been eye-opening, both because there are so many good and like minded people out there, and because there are many who are firmly dug in on the other side of the fence. Please pray for us, that all of those YES voters will make it to the polls in November!

Anyone interested in a super new recipe, drop me a line. I came up with "Pizza Rolls" the other day and they are sooooo goooood! Have a happy day!





Seth, Shannon and Rick all ran in the Beaver Canyon 5K Run this summer while we were in Utah. Rick and Shannon both took 2nd in their age categories and Seth made a personal best time, something like 26 minutes. Shannon enjoyed it so much (the glory I think!) that she's joined her school's cross country team.


3 comments:

Jenn said...

First of all, I love the new name for your blog. Too cute. Second, kudos to everyone for the 5k run. I bet Shannon will love running cross country.

EstesSBTAK said...

I also love the new name for your blog... super cute! I love the pictures and it looks like you had some fun family time this summer! Congrats to all for the 5k.. good luck Shannon on cross-country! Also, yes - I would love a great pizza roll recipe! I was planning a hike for Friday... but where is our hiking buddy? Miss ya! Have a great day!

Crista said...

It's good to hear from you two! I think you are the only ones who visit me here. Enjoy the Pizza Rolls if you get up the gumption to make them. They're not hard, but it takes a little time.