Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Great Pumpkin!



Seth and Shannon were so tickled with themselves making this pic. We don't have photoshop, they did it all in paint. What was really fun was picking the pumpkin. Shannon and Laura were so excited to go to the pumpkin patch. I was thinking, "Aren't they getting a little old for this?" We got to the patch and sure enough, there were tons of little kids. It didn't stop them from foraging for the perfect pumpkin. It isn't as big as the picture, but it does weigh 45 lbs! Way over my pumpkin budget at $.39/lb, but they were so excited I couldn't help myself. Should make a lot of pie...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I was going to say, if that thing is real, how would you get rid of it when it goes bad? Could you imagine the smell from that? EEEEWWW! Or better yet, trying to get the guts out to carve it. You would have a ton of pumpkin seeds thats for sure! lol

EstesSBTAK said...

That is really neat. Looks like fun. We would love to have some of the pie too! :-) We miss you!