
I worked a shift at the church cannery last night, we were doing tomatoes...like a billion tomatoes. I was assigned the job of putting cans on the conveyor to begin their journey to an ultimate destination of clean, labeled cans full of wonderful tomato juice, neatly boxed. At first it was fun and as my team got organized there was a sense of pride as the cans rode up the conveyor without missing or delaying the whole process. After the first hour, it was so loud we gave up conversing, using simple thumbs up to communicate. After the second hour I began to feel blisters on my feet, after the third, I thought surely it's time to go, and by the fourth, when our reinforcements showed up I gratefully surrendered my pegged can lifting board. And then this thought came to mind...that's why you should get a good education!
P.S. I missed the VP debate for the canning, but caught highlights this morning. Sarah Palin did very well from what I saw!

2 comments:
I agree. A good education is very important. And I agree too that Palin did well. We didn't get to watch all of it (having little kids and all) but I got a good chunk of it.
Well said. I know I wouldn't want to stand in an assembly line for 4 hours, let alone all day! Good job putting in your time at the cannery! :) Oh, and I got my cute background at www.thecutestblogontheblock.com where I just picked one then followed the directions. :)
Post a Comment