I just got this picture on my email and about fell off my chair laughing. I guess you'd have to be here in California to understand the intensity of the YES on Prop 8 campaign. I'm glad that I don't live in San Franscisco! Talk about persecution! The girls and I stood out on a street corner and waved signs on Saturday. It was great. Lot's of people honking and giving us thumbs up. There were also lots of one fingered waves and insults, and one angry man hurled a full water bottle out the window at us. An interesting thought in an editorial in our local paper, from a man I will soon vote for as mayor of our little town:
"If Propostion 8 does not pass, there will be repercussions throughout society - with "gay marriage" being promoted by governmnet in schools and courts, and imposed on the vast majority who morally object to them - threatening our freedom of speech and freedom of association.
"No-one is going to engage in a "witch-hunt" against homosexuals when the traditional definition and reality of marriage are enshrined in our state constitution.
"Unfortunately, the "gay rights" movement has already proved THEY WILL engage in a witch-hunt against others if marriage is NOT so protected."
Please, if you vote in California, vote YES on Prop 8 to define marriage as only between a man and a woman!

3 comments:
That picture is definitely funny. But it is so sad that people responded to you holding signs in that way.
That pic is great. Way to get involved... way to go girls too! That is awesome. I am sure you will make a difference, keep it up! Miss you guys. I took the Activity Day girls and boys on the Aiea loop. It was raining the whole time, we got drenched, but it was a blast. Hope to see you soon. Take care and enjoy Halloween!
Brandi, those are some tough girls, thanks to you! Good job! Miss ya!
Post a Comment