Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy October!

MMMM! The air feels crisp and the leaves are thinking about changing, the girls are stewing over Halloween costumes and we are working on our trick-or-treat bean bags. I love this time of year! We had pumpkin soup the other night, it was suprisingly delicious!

Rick started his Ph.D. program this week and is pretty loaded down, bless his heart. "Retirement" means leaving at 7:15 a.m. and home at 5:30 p.m. and study all night then do it again. Goodness! It's just the first week!

Look for some new pictures soon! Shannon only has two cross country races left, I'd better remember the camera at least once this season!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

How fun! Isn't fall wonderful? My kids have started bugging me about costumes, too. I guess I'd better start thinking about them soon, though hopefully we'll be mostly packed up by then. I'll have to make some pumpkin soup this year....I've never tried it!

Jenn said...

I miss fall. :( That is the one thing that I don't like about living in Hawaii. I don't get to have fall. I can't believe Ricks schedule. That is INSANE! I hope he doesn't get too stressed.